the National Bank of Dominica Ltd. is one of the principal indigenous banks of the Eastern Caribbean Monetary Union.
We are looking for a Executive Director Credit and Business Development with exceptional leadership abilities who can effectively and efficiently direct and develop the Bank’s credit portfolio. Our ideal candidate would have proven himself in the following areas:
- Portfolio growth.
- Sales productivity.
- Strategic planning and execution.
- Employee engagement and teamwork.
- Sales and service management.
- Operational efficiency.
- Leadership and training skills for success.
- Credit risk management.
- Monitoring of decision making and success; and
- Innovation and change management.
The incumbent should be responsible for creating a true customer-centric sales and service culture within the sales team.
As the Executive, the individual will report to and work closely with the chief executive officer and the board of directors to define the goals, strategy and direction of the credit and business development department. The individual will collaborate with the management team and staff in the credit and business development department to increase revenue and profitability, increase new and strong business opportunities, maintain a results-oriented performance culture, develop policies and risk management, and build working relationships with key Bank stakeholders in Dominica and the region.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Works closely with the Board of Directors, senior management and staff to formulate, realign, implement and / or execute the Bank’s strategic and business plans in order to achieve the vision, mission, goals, objectives, Bank and department performance objectives and targets.
- Develops a comprehensive strategic and operational plan for credit and business development with an annual operational and strategic budget for commercial enterprise, small business and retail banking portfolios.
- Ensures that the quality of the Bank’s loan portfolio is maintained, through reporting or other means, through rapid and efficient credit management, strict monitoring and control.
- Ensures that the structure and staffing of the Credit and Business Development Department is reviewed at least annually and makes recommendations to improve the efficiency of the Department.
- Manages departmental workflows and human resources, effectively scheduling human resources to ensure a fair distribution of work at all times.
- Leads the team in delivering superior customer service to achieve the Branch Customer Loyalty Index and Net Promoter Scores as determined by the Bank.
- Make sound recommendations to increase revenue, improve productivity, control expenses, and improve systems.
- Builds internal and external relationships by identifying and fulfilling the needs of existing and new customers to achieve set growth and profitability goals and takes steps to ensure all customer information is secure and confidential at all times.
- Ensures that all required documentation, security and risk management systems are in place so that the Bank achieves at least a satisfactory or better audit rating from the ECCB / external audit and does not suffer any financial loss or negative image / exposure.
- Meets all assigned audit and compliance requirements by effectively responding and / or taking corrective action on internal and external audits, regulatory bodies and / or actions to be taken by the risk department, and / or other measures approved within the agreed timeframe.
- Assesses identified and / or confirmed risks, including AML and suspicious activity, and takes immediate action to address those risks.
- Complies with regulatory compliance and oversees adherence to anti-money laundering / terrorist financing and Bank policies and procedures for all products and services and client transactions.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
A visionary person who can work in a dynamic, fast-paced business environment and who is capable of leading the achievement of organizational goals and objectives. The candidate must:
- Possess at least a master’s degree in finance, management, business administration or a related field or a bachelor’s degree in finance or a related field with extensive relevant experience.
- Have a minimum of ten (10) years of experience in trade credit.
- Have a minimum of ten (10) years of progressive banking experience, including seven (7) years at a management level comparable in nature to the requirements of this position.
- Meet the “Fit and Proper” requirements in accordance with Dominica Banking Law No. 4 of 2015.
- Have a clean criminal record.
- Experience in leading teams, use of the Balance Scorecard performance management tool and strategic planning would be an asset.
Your profile should include:
- Excellent leadership and communication skills – verbal and written.
- Sound business judgment, including strategic thinking, risk assessment and problem solving with a holistic mindset.
- Excellent networking and negotiation skills.
- In-depth knowledge of ECCB guidelines, banking law and AML / CFT laws of the Commonwealth of Dominica.
- Understanding of how the bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be factored into day-to-day operations and decisions.
- Organized, meticulous and precise.
- Flexible team player with high initiative and integrity, and with the ability to work long and irregular hours.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered to the selected candidate. Please send your curriculum vitae and cover letter confidentially by January 14, 2022 to the attention of Ms. Macina Bethel at [email protected].
Only selected candidates will be contacted.