the National Bank of Dominica Ltd. is a leading indigenous bank in the Eastern Caribbean Currency Union. We are looking for someone with the relevant skills to take on the position of Manager-Credit and Business Development.
the Manager-Credit and Business Development provides strong support to the Executive Director, Credit and Business Development in the effective and efficient administration of the Credit and Business Development department. Manages the Client Relations and Business Development Unit, exercising effective risk management in accordance with Eastern Caribbean Central Bank (ECCB) guidelines and Bank policies and procedures so that profitable client relationships are achieved /kept. Develops and implements loan growth strategies – targeted marketing and strategic alliances – applying sound lending principles in credit decision-making and ensuring existing facilities operate within policies and framework regulations established. Leads and manages the team, acting as the main liaison between the client and the Bank.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES include:
- Improves knowledge and skills by identifying on-the-job learning and other training.
- Ensures consistency and integrity in decision-making, timely and effective performance management, appropriate staff training/development, recommending disciplinary action as needed.
- Contributes to the development of a positive competitive spirit and a results-oriented culture.
- Provides professional leadership, coaches, identifies needs and develops the team to meet the skills required to operate effectively and facilitate their career development.
- Effectively manages the Customer Relations and Business Development unit, assigns/schedules staff to ensure an equitable division of labor so that routine and credit operations run smoothly and efficiently and customer service of high quality is maintained.
- Develops and manages an approved marketing and business development plan to target and acquire profitable niche markets/new customers, promoting and selling the Bank’s products and services.
- Manages the department’s workforce through appropriate leave planning and succession/succession planning, to ensure departments/operations are not significantly impacted by staff movements/absences.
- Ensures careful assessment of all credit applications – review of documentation, interview of applicants, analysis of financial data, site visit, confirmation of collateral security, accurate risk assessment – to be recommended for underwriting.
- Ensure that the delinquency portfolio is cost-effectively assessed and managed, negotiating, making and approving recommendations for stronger action, formal notice, bad debt provisions and transfers to the unit of recovery, legal action, seizure, liquidation, etc. to mitigate any loss to the Bank.
- Prepares and implements operation plans in accordance with annual strategic plans to ensure all initiatives are implemented in a timely, efficient and effective manner.
- Provides accurate and timely management reports to the Executive Director – Credit and Business Development with sound recommendations to adjust or maintain the strategies outlined in the Credit and Business Development department’s strategic plan in order to meet or exceed objectives set out in the approved plan.
- Makes sound recommendations to increase revenue, improve productivity, control expenses and improve systems, policies and procedures.
- Strongly and actively support the customer service initiative, ensuring that customer queries and complaints are accurately documented and effectively resolved within established timelines; if necessary, liaises with other departments/units, undertaking adequate follow-up in a timely manner.
- Monitors customer service, ensuring that high standards of service are consistently maintained and taking decisive action to remedy any shortcomings.
- Assists the Executive Director, Credit and Business Development in developing a comprehensive strategic plan, operating plan and budget for the Credit and Business Development department
- Provides strong support in implementing the approved plan, closely monitors results, and recommends and implements necessary changes to achieve set goals and targets.
- Evaluates and reviews the loan portfolio and makes recommendations to senior management to develop and refine the risk management framework.
- Complies with regulatory compliance, anti-money laundering/anti-terrorist financing and Bank policies and procedures for all products, services and customer transactions.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- The Credit and Business Development Manager must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, able to contribute meaningfully to the achievement of organizational goals and objectives. The Credit and Business Development Manager should:
- Possess a bachelor’s degree in banking, accounting, finance, management or a relevant field or hold relevant certifications in retail and commercial lending with experience in business development and customer relationship management.
- Have a minimum of five (5) years of lending/business development experience, preferably in a banking environment in a position of a comparable nature to the requirements of this position.
- A certificate or experience in credit risk management will be an asset.
- Possess certification and/or strong working knowledge of project finance, loan syndication and financial statement analysis.
- Training in accounts receivable financing, mergers and acquisitions, financing of small and micro enterprises and business development will be an asset.
- Possess in-depth knowledge of ECCB credit guidelines.
- Possess an excellent working knowledge of the IFRS requirements applicable to the banking sector.
- Meet “Fit and Proper” requirements in accordance with the Dominica Banking Act No. 4 of 2015.
- Have a clean criminal record within the last six months.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCES
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to coach, motivate and mentor others.
- Strong analytical, risk assessment and problem solving skills.
- Strong networking and negotiation skills.
- Good understanding of business and economic environments.
- Creative and innovative with a passion for service excellence.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated good judgment and tact in interacting with customers.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong writing skills
- Strategic thinker with a proven ability to identify and assess trends and changes in the environment and to manage and influence positive changes in a timely manner.
- Organized, rigorous and methodological approach.
- Computer literacy with intermediate to advanced proficiency in the Microsoft suite.
- Ability to work long and sometimes irregular hours.
- A driver’s license is required.
A competitive salary and benefits commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered to the selected candidate. Please send your resume and cover letter confidentially by June 6, 2022, to the attention of Mr. Kareem Bertrand to [email protected]
Only selected candidates will be contacted.