Office of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Education)
- Leading academic role in collaboration with third-party organizations on education programs and other related opportunities
- Key role in achieving the aspirations of the University both nationally and internationally
- Opportunity to work with major core areas, schools and across multiple University boundaries
- Senior management position
- 5 year date
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked among the top 100 universities in the world and a member of Australia’s prestigious group of eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research experience, a dynamic campus and working environments, backed by the freedom to “innovate and inspire”, there’s no better time to join the best university in Western Australia.
About the team
The role will work across two areas of work within the Deputy Vice Chancellor (Education) portfolio: Academic and Enterprise Innovation and Global Engagement. The role will provide support in the planning and design of educational third-party commercial arrangements as well as major institutional partnerships with universities, industry, sector organizations and governments at national and international levels.
Both areas of work are integrated into the portfolio of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Education) and work collaboratively within and beyond this portfolio to support student recruitment, improvement of the student experience, development initiatives. industry engagement as well as key institutional partnerships. In both areas, external negotiations with the government; software providers; third party online delivery organizations and many other bodies, is a growing feature and involves close internal liaison with UWA legal, IT, finance and other departments.
About the Opportunity
As an appointee, you will work directly with the Professional Vice-Chancellor (Academic and Enterprise Innovation) to explore and implement opportunities to establish and grow the local, national, offshore and online learning presence of the University.
You will provide oversight of a program of local, national, online and offshore projects, including managing the development of third party contracts, budgets, scope, risk and stakeholders to ensure that all projects are delivered within budget, on time and to quality expectations.
You will ensure that relationships are cultivated and maintained with partners to enhance the local, national and international reach and reputation of the University, as well as the achievement of this element of the education and internationalization strategies.
This role has two main areas:
- Strategic project management
- Foster relationships with local, national, offshore and online educational and academic partners
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- Significant experience in the higher education sector or related field and preferably associated with international education and engagement.
- Experience working in legal and regulatory frameworks and various governance structures at senior management level.
- High level communication skills to influence, negotiate, motivate and communicate within a large complex organization and with external stakeholders.
- Highly developed skills in strategic planning and governance within a complex organizational structure.
- Proficiency in a range of computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, internet and email.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret complex data, present conclusions and defend positions.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and lead significant projects through the project management lifecycle by collaborating with diverse stakeholders to achieve successful results.
Full details of position responsibilities and selection criteria are described in the position description. Please review the job description before applying.
The content of your CV and cover letter should demonstrate how you meet the selection criteria.
Closing Date: Noon (Western Australian Standard Time) Thursday 27and January 2022
Candidates should note that the selection process for this appointment will take place during the week of 31st January 2022.
This position is only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia.
Application details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce. We celebrate inclusion and diversity and believe gender equity is fundamental to achieving our goal of being a top 50 university by 2050.
- We have child-friendly areas on campus, including daycares. Flexible work arrangements, part-time schedules and job sharing will all be considered.
- UWA has been awarded bronze employer status for being one of the top ten employers for LGBTI inclusion by the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2021).
- UWA also received Athena Swan Bronze accreditation in 2020.