A+I stands for ‘Architecture Plus Information’. We are an integrated and strategic architecture and design firm, and for 25 years we have focused on transforming the workplace. Our goal is to use information and creativity to improve the changing world in which we live.
A+I is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a workforce as diverse as the city where we call home.
We are looking for a super sharp and dynamic go-getter to join our team.
As Business Development Manager, you will report to the Executive Director of Marketing and Partnerships and be responsible, alongside the leadership team, for driving A+I’s business development efforts. You will work closely with co-founders and directors to advance company goals and ultimately help develop new client relationships that align with overall company strategy and drive to the next generation of innovative and award-winning work.
- Organizational: In collaboration with the Executive Director of Marketing and Partnerships, strategically assess incoming requests; maintain clear tracking of all active requests, project pipeline and customer contacts, and learn from wins and losses; contribute to quarterly and annual reports to management on plans and execution of business development efforts
- Tenders + Pitches: Directly oversee the coordination and execution of pitch process and materials, including credentials, RFP responses, and interview pitches for all outbound and inbound proactive opportunities, client as required for clarification and additional information.
- Networking + Prospecting: Support outbound prospecting efforts with proactive market and client specific research on a regular basis to keep the team informed. Attend industry conferences and events as needed to network on behalf of the agency and identify leads to add to our pipeline.
- Marketing + Communications: In partnership with the Director of Marketing and Communications, help organize customer-facing events and/or content-driven campaigns to provide A+I with opportunities to build relationships outside of day-to-day workflows . Contribute to the creation of new project materials and case studies.
- Industry Insights + Intel: In collaboration with the Director of Marketing and Communications, stay up to date on competitor activity (clients, projects, market positioning) and share relevant news to inform strategic planning sessions. Regularly read relevant media publications (e.g. Commercial Observer, Architects Newspaper), share ideas and raise potential opportunities with the leadership team as appropriate.
- Business development experience in an architectural firm and/or a creative design agency. Previous experience in customer service would be a plus, but not a prerequisite.
- Proficiency in Google, Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe (InDesign, PDF).
- Independent and nimble, with a true ‘rolled up sleeves’ approach to getting the job done. Takes initiative, believes in the phrase “teamwork makes the dream work” and “the new business is everyone’s business”.
- Ability to build relationships, influence and engage with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Calm under pressure.
- Passionate about architecture and design.
- Ambitious, with a growth mindset.
- Currently living in or willing to relocate to the New York metro area
- Legally eligible to work in the United States, without the need for employee sponsorship
Know more about us :
A+I believes in building responsible practice.
We strongly defend a progressive social policy, responsible management of our planet and the fight against climate change.
A+I builds to improve the world we live in.
We live our purpose through our dedication to creating more compelling human experiences – those that seek to unite people and organizations, amplify their purpose, and improve the world we inhabit. We believe that researching and building informed strategies to guide the design of spaces and experiences is a powerful lever to achieve the greater goals of those we design for as well as to build towards a more humane, inclusive and sustainable future. sustainable. As such, building beautiful, meaningful, useful, and lasting spatial experiences deeply depends on the strategies that organize that thinking. We achieve this by fostering diverse, collaborative creative teams, integrated across all research and design disciplines, and aligned with our clients’ vision.
A+I Culture is our people
We view everyone as an individual and understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate that everyone is unique, and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. What our people have in common is a wealth of talent and determination to do great work and to genuinely want to help each other. And we back that up with great perks, real career growth opportunities, tasty snacks, great music, and sometimes a great selection of drinks. Our expertise is the workplace, so it only makes sense that we are constantly working to make our workplace a better place to live.
Please submit sample resumes and work – with descriptions of your job role – in a single PDF, maximum size 8MB, (or a link to a personal website) to [email protected] No phone calls, please.