LOS ANGELES, February 15, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Cetera Financial Group, one of America’s largest networks of finance professionals, today announced that it has bolstered its business development team with several key hires. The team’s expansion follows record results in 2021, when Cetera’s business development efforts attracted $10 billion through organic recruitment and over $37 billion an acquisition of certain assets of Voya Financial Advisors. The expansion complements Cetera’s business development team, which is made up of 25 people supporting 10 territories across the United States.
“Our focus on recruiting quality assets and the positive momentum in 2021 has prompted us to invest significantly in the team to continue our positive growth trajectory,” said John Pierce, Head of Business Development at Cetera. “I am extremely excited about the team of industry veterans we have in place and I am confident that we are well positioned to continue to attract finance professionals from across the industry to Cetera. We welcome finance professionals growth-minded looking for industry-leading resources for Cetera, and invite any finance professional considering their business home to engage with our team to learn more.”
Recent hires to the business development team include:
- Jim McMahon, a senior business development specialist in the Pacific Northwest Territory, who joins Cetera from Kestra Financial. McMahon worked for Merrill Lynch, Morgan Stanley and Raymond James before starting his recruiting career at Ameriprise Financial Services in 2012.
- Liz Seagren, a sourcing and engagement specialist who worked for nine years as an internal recruiter at Ameriprise Financial Services. Seagren also worked at RiverSource: Insurance and Annuities and worked in the field with an advisor.
- Maxime Lee, Call for proposals®, an in-house business development specialist who previously held several business development roles at Janney Montgomery Scott and spent seven years as a retirement advisor at Prudential.
- Jacob Fremgen, an in-house business development specialist joining Cetera from Kestra Financial, where he was a business development specialist. Fremgen also worked as a financial associate at CUSO Financial Services for three years before joining Kestra Financial.
- Amanda Laas, a sourcing and engagement specialist who joins Cetera from Ameriprise Financial Services, where she worked in advisor recruitment, specializing in sourcing banking and institutional clients.
- Dave Renkosenior business development specialist covering the Gulf Coast region, who has joined Cetera since Raymond James and held previous positions at Morgan Stanley, Bank of America Merrill Lynch and Cannon Financial Institute.
- Tanner McMahon, a sourcing and engagement specialist who worked as an advisor at Morgan Stanley and worked for a large RIA company that was compensated by Ameriprise Financial Services.
- Tom Zirbela sourcing and engagement specialist, who has 40 years of experience in various roles at brokers, RIAs, fund managers and insurance companies.
Click here for more information on Cetera’s tools and resources for financial advisors.
About Cetera Financial Group®
Cetera Financial Group (Cetera) is a leading financial services company whose goal is to enable the delivery of best-in-class financial advice to as many Americans as possible. Cetera empowers its communities of finance professionals to help clients achieve their version of financial wellness through the advice-centric experience®. Cetera is proud to serve independent financial professionals, tax professionals, banks and credit unions by providing a wide range of financial planning and wealth management services.
Cetera oversees approximately $353 billion of assets under administration and $122 billion of assets under management, December 31, 2021.
Visit www.cetera.com and follow Cetera on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
“Cetera Financial Group” refers to the network of independent retail companies including, but not limited to, Cetera Advisors LLC, Cetera Advisor Networks LLC, Cetera Investment Services LLC (trading as Cetera Financial Institutions or Cetera Investors), Cetera Financial Specialists LLC and First Allied Securities, Inc. All firms are FINRA/SIPC members. Located at: 655 W. Broadway, 11and Stage, San Diego, California 92101
Persons affiliated with the Cetera companies are either registered representatives who provide brokerage services only and receive transaction-based compensation (commissions), representatives of investment advisers who provide investment advisory services only and receive fees based on the assets, namely registered representatives and representatives of investment advisers, who can offer both types of services.
View original content for multimedia download: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/cetera-bolsters-business-development-team-with-several-key-hires-301482810.html
SOURCE Cetera Financial Group