United Kingdom |
GBP £60,000 to £70,000 per year, excellent benefits package |
PSR Solutions is proud to work in partnership with the UK branch of this leading international, multi-disciplinary infrastructure construction company, specializing in the development and delivery of key infrastructure projects around the world, including new fiber networks optics and telecommunications.
They currently have an immediate need within their management team for a Business Development Manager to help support the growth and development of the UK New Build Fiber business division.
As the successful candidate, you will act as the first point of contact for new and existing customers regarding products and services provided by the customer:
- Market and promote their fiber capabilities and expertise.
- Identify and establish new business, project and executive opportunities and maximize business opportunities within the current client portfolio.
- Interface internally with the pre-construction and bid team, as well as with site delivery teams to identify other opportunities on ongoing projects and frameworks, as well as externally with new clients and current.
- Foster long-term and meaningful business relationships to increase revenue.
Strategy & Planning:
- Identify, agree and lead national and regional strategy with the COO to identify current and future fiber project opportunities
- Manage the future pipeline of projects and opportunities, and support the business in securing targeted projects
- Early identification of target projects, executives and potential JV partners to develop potential solutions before project award
- Monitor the long-term outlook of fiber opportunities and projects to signal a market rally or decline as early as possible.
- Stay on top of all competitor activity and awards, indirect threats, building trends, customer preferences, etc.
- Assess the growth potential of the market segment and its ability to generate value
- Find and develop new markets and improve sales.
- Develop goals for the development team and business growth and ensure they are met.
- Identify lessons learned at all stages of the work award, tender and construction process and communicate them to the management team and relevant internal stakeholders. With a particular focus on the customer, industry partners and relevant stakeholders.
- Develop new business accounts and expand relationships with existing clients to secure major construction contracts
- Maintain the inquiries database to ensure all inquiries are logged and liaise with the submissions team regarding opportunities
- Develop and execute lead generation strategies
- Contact potential clients to build relationships and arrange meetings.
- Research organizations and individuals to find new opportunities.
- Attend conferences, meetings and industry events.
- Preparation of quotes and proposals for clients.
- Assist the pre-construction and bidding team in the preparation of bidding materials, including real and virtual sales aids tailored to key projects
- Review bids with the Bid Manager before submitting them, if applicable.
- Maintain the status of all bids submitted and update the inquiry log to reflect the latest status.
Customer and stakeholder management:
- Liaise with customers and industry partners, tender and procurement teams to build strong and lasting relationships
- Attend client briefings and provide detailed presentations to clients and other relevant parties e.g. owners, developers, prime contractors etc.
- Serve as the main point of contact for all customers, from initial contact through post-sales, to ensure customers are satisfied with service, identify lessons learned, maintain relationships over time
- Represent the client at all pre and post tender meetings as required.
- Plan and oversee new marketing initiatives.
- Produce new brochures, project data sheets and other publicity materials.
- Organize the production of technical documents and presentations at seminars.
- Organize and represent the Client at relevant trade shows, exhibitions and business seminars.
- To keep the website updated and maintain presence on social media platforms
For this position, the ideal candidate should have the following skills, experience and knowledge:
- 5+ years of experience in a winning role, with a construction related degree or relevant qualification and industry experience
- A proven project and framework winner in the fiber industry is essential
- Able to build a strong pipeline of project opportunities and bring them to the table
- Good knowledge of UK suppliers and established industrial network within Fiber
- Experience developing new clients and leveraging current client relationships
- Able to present and discuss information in a professional manner
- Understanding of construction methodology and business strategy
- Experience in strategic marketing and sales in the construction industry
- Experience in a customer-facing role
- Excellent written and oral English and attention to detail
- Flexible and motivated
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)