Free mental health counseling offered to students on campus


Submitted photo

University life is stressful, filled with final exams and nightly study sessions. For many students, it can be difficult to focus on grades and homework in the final weeks of a semester.

Students living on campus are entitled to free short-term individual counseling thanks to an innovative collaboration between University Housing and the Pat Walker Health Center.

This program is a partnership between the Habitat and the Reception and Psychological Services (CAPS) area of ​​the health center.


In addition to individual counseling, students are eligible and encouraged to participate in free CAPS groups and workshops.

Workshop themes

Contact CAPS

Do you think you can benefit from these services? Call CAPS at 479-575-5276 during business hours, Monday to Thursday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. or Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Students experiencing an immediate crisis or needing to be seen that day should come to the CAPS office on the second floor of the Pat Walker Health Center during opening hours. After office hours, a student can call 479-575-5276 for emergency assistance.

The main CAPS phone number can be found on the back of each student, faculty and staff ID card.

CAPS offers outreach programs for departments across campus, including university accommodation, for easier access and connection to wellness and mental health resources.

Awareness events are a great way for students to learn about CAPS and our services and to help normalize mental health issues that students often face.

Useful links

Resident assistants included

Are you a resident assistant, or RA?

CAPS offers an RA support group every Tuesday from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the CAPS office. This is a confidential group where RAs can pre-register online and come forward as needed for support, whether or not it is a housing-related issue. ‘use.

Contact Heather Vinti, [email protected] or Maddie De Bucce, [email protected] for more information.

About university accommodation.University Housing is a department of the Student Affairs Division serving a residential community of approximately 6,200 students on campus. Over 200 students find employment opportunities with University Housing each year. We offer educational programs that support student success and services that help students focus on academics at the University of Arkansas. Living on campus begins with a housing contract.


Comments are closed.